Talley, LLP, a full service financial services firm, located in Orange County, CA is looking for a remote Tax Senior who has a high level of detail-oriented skills and strong technical background. A doer with tax planning experience and technical research expertise who understands the value of client service management and staff development combined with the ability to consult with clients on additional value-added services.
Our growing tax practice has created the additional need of an independent professional that can provide the firm’s partners with high level professional assistance and support to execute upon firm initiatives and directives.
Experience with staff and client management, staff development and the desire to be a positive influence within their career development is key. Providing clients with valuable recommendations and developing tax planning opportunities requires a strong understanding of tax code and creativity.
What this position is not:
Mundane repetitive tasking – our environment is dynamic and constantly evolving.
Stagnant – change is not an idea but a way of life at Talley.
Archaic - we utilize technology as a differentiator with a fully cloud based paperless tax system (CCH Prosystem).
Sustaining – we are not sustaining, we are growing and constantly moving forward.
What you need:
· 4+ years (most recent) practicing tax for a mid-size California CPA firm
· Experience with consolidated returns is a plus
· Ability to increase client revenues through advisory of value added services
· Desire and experience developing staff
· CPA and Masters in Taxation a plus
· Experience with client service interaction and project management
· High level of experience with paperless processes and systems (ProSystemfx, Practice CS, XCM, MS Office, etc.)
· Entrepreneurial mindset – if you don’t think like one, you will not like our firm
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge.
- Prepare estimated federal and state income tax payments.
- Research and prepare work papers for various books to tax differences.
- Perform year-end accrual review and prepare the tax provision.
- Prepare federal and multi-state income tax returns for individuals and various entity types.
- Prepare various personal property tax returns.
- Prepare/Review other various tax filings: Annual reports, Intangible Tax, Sales and Use Tax.
- Research projects.
- Assist in federal and state audits.
- Maintain our tax preparation system.
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
- Provide an information source in the tax area within the company.
- Other tax projects as they arise.
- Assist in financial planning and analysis.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex and diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reasons even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decision; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, FInance, Economics, or equivalent; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working for a Big 4 public accounting firm is strongly preferred. Combination of public accounting and industry experience is preferable
- CPA required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and Explorer Internet software; Pro SystemFx or similar tax software.
If you are convinced Talley is the firm you have been looking for, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
and reference Tax Senior.
Thank you for considering Talley and we look forward to hearing from you.