Reporting to the Audit Senior and having significant interaction with the firm’s other audit team members, partners, and other department team members, the ideal candidate will have strong technical skills and will be committed to become an MTA to the firms’ clients. The candidate will actively contribute to the department’s process improvement initiatives; and support the firm’s growth by understanding and deploying the firm's various service initiatives. The Audit Staff functions well in an ever-changing, challenging environment.
The Audit Staff will have interaction with all of the various service departments and administration team. This position will have direct client interaction throughout the year and will work towards becoming a client service manager (CSM), responsible for developing and implementing audit and consulting services for clients, as well as identifying and facilitating assistance for other client’s needs.
Essential Functions of the Position
· Ability to work on various sections within a compilation review and audit (including planning, fieldwork, and financial reporting).
· Ability to understand the factors which contribute to business and professional risk and to apply this knowledge to specific risk environments.
· Ability to make sample selections, apply these methods effectively and interpret the results.
· Ability to execute some aspects of fieldwork for recurring engagements with moderate direction from the Audit Senior.
· Knowledgeable about sources of accounting and auditing literature available for research and problem resolution.
· Demonstrates working knowledge of general accounting principles and auditing areas.
· Understands financial statements and related disclosures.
· Effectively utilizes the Firm’s accounting and reporting manuals and other Firm reference materials in the resolution of issues.
· Exhibits the ability to identify audit issues and brings them to the attention of the Audit Senior.
· Demonstrates professional concern and exercises due care with respect to work performed.
· Identifies and implements uses of computer applications on the engagement.
· Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge and promotes the use of computers and Firm software and other commonly used application software.
· Understands the basic nature of the client’s operating, investing, and financing activities.
· Understands the client’s accounting policies and has knowledge of their financial information systems.
· Aware of external factors affecting the client’s business/industry.
· Understands key ratios and statistics for the client and industry.
· Receives client’s respect and is sought by the client for inquiries and requests.
· Effectively deals with diverse management personalities.
· Responds to client needs and requests in a timely and appropriate manner.
· Drafts a clear and concise management letter that contains all substantive matters identified.
· Identifies management letter comments that are meaningful in relation to client’s operations and accounting systems/procedures.
· Assists the Audit Senior with overall engagement planning and job administration, including drafting of engagement letter and arranging for client assistance.
· Responds to changing engagement circumstances.
· Is flexible and can effectively balance in the needs of the engagement.
· Completes engagement sections on a timely basis.
· Efficiently monitors and controls all time spent on sections.
· Ascertains the financial statements and footnotes agree with working trial balances, cross-references are mathematically accurate, and all additional information and amounts are supported by the workpapers.
· Verifies that all senior, manager, and partner review notes are adequately cleared.
· Identifies and communicates significant accounting, auditing, and reporting matters to the Audit Senior on a timely basis.
· Keeps the Audit Senior informed of progress of engagement sections and problems on a timely basis.
· Works with the Audit Senior to keep client informed of engagement status on a timely basis.
· Follows department policies and procedures.
· Identifies and looks for process improvement ideas.
· Participates in department meetings and after-action reviews.
· Maintains a positive attitude with the team.
· Works well with and manages diverse engagement team personalities.
Successful applicants will have a minimum of 1-2 years audit experience in a CPA firm.
· Active CPA or actively pursuing CPA license preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
· Strong project management and time management skills are necessary
· Financial and accounting experience; ability and willingness to work with a significant degree of autonomy; creativity; high service orientation.
· Customer service focus
· Ability to get along well with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, and flexible.
· Ability to operate independently and “self-manage” projects.
· Result-and profit-oriented, with the ability to balance other business considerations.
· Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
· High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
· Superior numeric skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate and actively support the values of the firm and communicate these values to others.
· Familiarity with CCH Engagement, Knowledge Coach and Accounting Research Manager (ARM) a plus, but not required
Must be willing and able to travel to client’s office.
Submit your resume to Careers@TalleyNCo.com with the subject Audit staff.Salary: DOE