Talley LLP is a consulting and financial services firm located in Orange, CA. We work specifically with entrepreneurial closely held entities, in healthcare, service, restaurant, trucking, distribution, manufacturing and wholesale industries, to name a few.
We believe in constantly providing our staff with the personal and professional development that is needed to thrive in the field of public accounting. Looking for highly motivated professionals who are able to properly serve our clients is one of the keys to making our growth goals possible. If you want to work in a dynamic, exuberant, and entrepreneurial laden environment, Talley is the right place for you.
Senior Tax Accountant
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge.
- Prepare estimated federal and state income tax payments.
- Research and prepare work papers for various books to tax differences.
- Perform year-end accrual review and prepare the tax provision.
- Prepare various federal and state income tax returns.
- Prepare various personal property tax returns.
- Prepare/Review other various tax filings: Annual reports, Intangible Tax, Sales and Use Tax.
- Research projects.
- Assist in federal and state audits.
- Maintain our tax preparation system.
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
- Provide an information source in the tax area within the company.
- Other tax projects as they arise.
- Assist in financial planning and analysis.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex and diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reasons even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decision; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working for a Big 4 public accounting firm is strongly preferred. Combination of public accounting and industry experience is preferable.
- CPA required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and Explorer Internet software; Pro System Fx or similar tax software.
Talley offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- New Client Referral Rewards
Please reply with resume to email@example.com