Talley LLP is a full service accounting, auditing and financial services firm located in Orange, CA seeking a highly motivated and experienced audit professional to be part of our growing team. We serve entrepreneurs and their closely held entities in healthcare, professional services, trucking, distribution, manufacturing and wholesale industries. We act with integrity and work proactively with our clients to provide value-added financial, tax and consulting services.
Reporting to the Audit Manager and having significant interaction with the firm’s other audit manager, partners and other department management, the ideal candidate will have strong technical skills and will be committed to become a Most Trusted Advisor to the firms’ clients. The candidate will actively contribute to the department’s process improvement initiatives; provide and accept training for audit department team members; and to support the firm’s growth by understanding and deploying the firm's various service initiatives. The audit senior functions well in an ever-changing, challenging environment.
The audit senior will have interaction with all of the various service departments and administration team. This position will have direct client interaction throughout the year and will quickly become a client service manager (CSM), responsible for developing and implementing audit and consulting services for clients, as well as identifying and facilitating assistance for other client’s needs.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Ability to design, applies and properly documents the entire audit approach (including the planning, interim, and final fieldwork).
- Ability to design audit programs based on the audit plan; is effective at allocating work between interim and year-end fieldwork.
- Ability to design program steps to test key controls.
- Ability to understand the factors which contribute to business and professional risk and is learning to apply this knowledge to specific risk environments.
- Ability to determine when sampling methods are appropriate, and can apply these methods effectively and interpret the results.
- Ability to execute all aspects of fieldwork for recurring engagements with moderate direction from management.
- Capable of auditing a basic tax provision.
- Ability to integrate and coordinate internal audit procedures in the audit plan.
- Knowledgeable about sources of accounting and auditing literature available for research and problem resolution.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of specialized accounting and auditing areas.
- Drafts/understands financial statements and related disclosures and other support with moderate supervision.
- Recognizes and drafts appropriate audit reports for other than unqualified opinions.
- Effectively utilizes the Firm’s accounting and reporting manuals and other Firm’s reference materials in the resolution of issues.
- Exhibits the ability to document audit issues and conclusions reached.
- Clearly documents the results of research and complex analyses and related conclusions.
- Demonstrates professional concern and exercises due care with respect to work reviewed.
- Performs thorough review of workpapers to assure audit steps have been completed, conclusions have been supported, and Firm policies have been met.
- Has working knowledge in specialized areas/industry-specific accounting, regulatory and reporting matters.
- Identifies and implements uses of computer applications on the engagement.
- Prepares complex spreadsheets.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge and promotes the use of computers and Firm software and other commonly used application software.
Successful applicants will have a minimum of 2-4 years audit experience in a CPA firm.
- Active CPA preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
- Strong project management and time management skills are necessary
- Financial and accounting experience; ability and willingness to work with a significant degree of autonomy; creativity; high service orientation.
- Customer service focus
- Ability to get along well with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, and flexible.
- Ability to operate independently and “self-manage” projects.
- Result-and profit-oriented, with the ability to balance other business consideration.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Superior numeric skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and actively support the values of the firm and communicate these values to others
Must be willing and able to travel to client’s office.
We are generous when it comes to taking care of our professionals and staff members. Here is a brief summary of what we provide:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- New Client Referral Rewards