Administrative Assistant (In-office)
About the Firm
Talley, LLP was founded in 1989, with our mission of helping entrepreneurially-driven businesses and their owners, along with athletes and high net worth individuals, to manage their financial affairs and to achieve their business objectives profitably and efficiently. We strive to become our clients’ Most Trusted Advisor (MTA), providing global solutions to the challenges and opportunities facing our clients and their businesses.
We are a full service financial, tax and consulting firm designed to meet the needs of businesses and their owners. We are continuously in search of more effective ways to improve our clients' bottom line and, where suitable, we seek to act in an advisory role adding knowledge, expertise and ultimately, value.
Our service profile has grown and evolved, as has our clientele, now incorporating a broad array of services designed to assist the entrepreneur:
- Audit and assurance services, including traditional financial reporting
- Tax compliance, including income, gift, estate and foreign disclosure reporting
- Tax planning, structuring and proactive advice
- Business consulting
- Estate, business, real property and philanthropic planning, and tax law services delivered through our Talley Law Group affiliate
- Outsource accounting, controller and CFO services, delivered through our Group 11 affiliate
- Mergers & acquisition, succession transition, growth through acquisition and operational consulting delivered through our Talley Capital Group affiliate
In order to serve our clients at the highest level, we expect professionals committed to the highest quality of advice and service. We are a boutique firm of about 50 employees located near The Outlets of Orange. We have grown rapidly over the past few years, becoming one of the prominent firms in Orange County, maintaining a “small company” feel, while providing a personalized environment for both our staff and clients.
We are looking for team members that share our values of personal and professional integrity; a commitment to service quality; a proactive approach to our clients and one another; and personal and professional growth. We operate on the premise that an organization should be balanced, rather than focused simply on charge hours and financial results. Our firm and our employees develop a Balanced Scorecard so that we may give equal weight to growth and improvement in the areas of client service, process improvement, personal development and financial performance.
The Administrative Assistant I is an entry level position and is required to work solely in-office, not remote. The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative tasks and is responsible for providing front office support and providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers. The Administrative Assistant will also provide timely administrative support to all team members and will have interaction with all various managers and partners. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and professional communication skills with the ability to multi-task in this multi-faceted role. She/he will exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, and the ability to prioritize daily tasks.
As an in-office administrative assistant, you are the first and lasting impression to our clients. Your ability to provide our clients with friendly service is your first priority. In addition, your support to our professional staff is critical to their ability to efficiently and effectively serve our clients. Opportunity for growth is never limited, so we are seeking a candidate who is optimistic and career driven. We believe in constantly providing our staff with the personal and professional development necessary to thrive in today’s business environment. This development will play a critical role in your success as we look to promote within.
Still interested? You should possess the following qualifications and skills:
• AA degree required
• Technologically savvy—we expect you to work in our paperless environment, have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent client service and a warm personality
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and willingness to work in a team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Answer phones – screen calls, transfer client calls to appropriate party, take and deliver messages as needed
- Scanning & Filing
- Mail – incoming and outgoing; keeping shipping and receiving logs up to date
- Delivering packages to nearby locations, i.e., post office
- Assist with the coordination of internal and external clients including: scheduling meetings via zoom, screening phone calls, facilitating client communications to the appropriate client service staff, and following up with clients, when appropriate
- Assist with internal meeting and event coordination and set-up
- Ensuring all shared office areas including front office, copiers, file rooms, kitchen area are kept tidy, neat and clean at all times to Covid standards.
- Maintaining specific office machinery ensuring that required updates, supplies associated with these machines are always on hand; i.e., postage.
- Updating and maintaining the Front Desk manual and login sheets
- Maintaining office supplies inventory and ordering
- Assist with client activities as needed
- Other special projects as assigned
- Serve as point of contact for internal clients regarding general administrative processes, including quality control items, new client set up and Dropbox setup
If you want to work in a dynamic and fast paced entrepreneurial environment, Talley, LLP is the right place for you.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as "Admin Assistant"