This position is full-time for a trucking company in Ontario.
Summary of Responsibilities of Chief Financial Officer:
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be a strategic leader who will contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all finance and accounting functions for the organization. This individual is responsible for strategizing, developing, planning, and implementing funding structures and funding streams to support organizational growth. The CFO is expected to develop long-range strategies and to problem-solve complex issues that often cross functional areas, while providing the guidance and expertise to effect needed changes in a way that optimizes resource utilization and minimizes risk.
Essential Functions of Chief Financial Officer:
Requirements of Chief Financial Officer:
- Work with the Executive Team to grow the business while ensuring the organization’s capital needs are clearly defined.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements, maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets, and actual expenditures.
- Consistently analyze financial data; prepare and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep the Executive Team and Board informed of the Company’s financial performance.
- Lead and manage the budgeting process and the formulation of annual budgets and targets.
- Lead cash management on an ongoing basis.
- Control all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit systems.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with auditors, bankers, underwriters, investors, and rating agencies.
- Work with the Executive Team to structure and negotiate credit facilities.
Positions directly supervised:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field required.
- CPA required.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in accounting and finance demonstrating a progressive increase in responsibility and organizational influence.
- Minimum of five years of experience in transportation and warehousing.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of finance, accounting (GAAP), capital markets, and financial modeling experience.
- Must have thorough knowledge of and experience using Great Plains and Transportation Warehouse Management software
- Excellent analytical skills, including a demonstrated understanding of the concepts of internal controls and the methods of evaluating internal control systems.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication and conflict resolution skills required.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Confidentiality with private or sensitive customer and employee data and documents.
- Strong work ethic.
- Occasional travel required.
- Occasional work required outside of traditional working hours.
No agencies please
Must pass background check and drug screen prior to employment.