PERMANENT FULL TIME ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Talley LLP is a full service accounting, auditing and financial services firm located in Orange, CA seeking a highly motivated and experienced accounting professional to be part of our growing team. We serve entrepreneurs and their closely held entities in healthcare, professional services, trucking, distribution, manufacturing and wholesale industries. We act with integrity and work proactively with our clients to provide value-added financial, tax and consulting services.
The Accounting Manager will serve as a technical accounting resource, be a hands-on proficient user of Quickbooks Online, ADP Workforce Now, and Practice CS billing system and seek to streamline accounting processes and procedures. As the Accounting Manager you will have ownership for the integrity, accuracy, and informational quality of overall functions and compliance with Financial Planning, Analysis and reporting. Areas of responsibility include P&L including business profitability trending, Balance Sheet (A/R, A/P, Inventory, and Fixed Assets), Cash Flows and all other compliance requirements of the Company. Position will also oversee activities budgeting/forecasting, reviewing and variance analyses. Forecast management, reviewing and reporting require weekly and monthly review such as financial statements and KPIs.
This position is expected to be hands-on in the accounting department activities, being efficient and value-added processes, interact effectively with all levels of the organization within Talley, including oversight of our budgeting process, cash flow, accounting and financial reporting policies, procedures and administrative practices.
The Accounting Manager will report to the CFO. He/she will be responsible for:
1. Maintain and update documented system of policies and procedures.
2. Oversee the operations of the accounting department, which includes our billing function, cash collections and bill payments.
3. Manage and control the transaction processing systems, including internal controls.
4. Perform the payables and payroll process to meet timeliness and accuracy.
5. Oversee receivables and perform monthly reconciliations (bank, debt, receivables, payables, etc.)
6. Issue timely and complete financial statements and information (e.g. financial statements, budgets and forecasts and reports by the 15-20th of the following month).
7. Review and compute financial and operating metrics.
8. Investigate and resolve variances between budget and actual results.
9. Provide financial analysis as needed for contracts, forecasts, and special projects.
- Cash flow management.
- Contract financial analysis and support.
- Assist CFO in review of costs and potential profit from any extension of contracts. Calculating the true contribution margin this contract creates will be important.
- Income projections, allocated by entity
- Cash flow
- Income taxes
- Bank covenant analysis
- Responsibilities include all fiscal period close processes, financial reporting, financial systems maintenance, internal controls and regulatory compliance procedures, payroll and property tax reporting, and integration of all corporate initiatives. Recruiting, training, motivating and leading staff in the execution of assigned duties.
- Month/Quarter/Year End Close & Financial Reporting
- General responsibilities for producing timely, accurate, and GAAP compliant financial results for all fiscal periods.
- Ensure completion of all required reports/schedules, both internal, client required and regulatory.
- Oversee all reconciliations and audit support.
- Budgeting/Forecasting and Variance Analyses Support for all states and all departments
- Assist with various areas of budget and forecast development, including balance sheet, cash flows, and other areas.
- Support variance analyses of actual versus budget/forecast/prior year.
- Internal Controls/Policies & Procedures
- Provide leadership to organization on all areas of accounting policy, maintain internal controls, and manage fiduciary processes and procedures.
- Supervise and develop staff. Ensure staff is completing required functions and developing their technical and professional skills.
- Establish priorities.
- Other (Systems support, special projects, issues resolution)
- Provide leadership/management for a variety of ad hoc initiatives, including but not limited to financial systems improvements, process enhancements, accounting structures for new business models and relationships, reconciliation diagnostics, and the like.
- Greater than (6 - 10) years of progressive finance responsibilities
- Previous experience as Accounting Manager
- Demonstrated examples of closing the books on a monthly basis accurately and timely
- The ability to adapt to change in processes and growth in business
- B.A. in Finance or Accounting or equivalent, CPA preferred.
- Experience in budgeting/forecasting/variance analysis
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
- Ability to self-start and self-motivate, efficient style with high standards for quality of processes and results
- Methodical and analytical quick learner with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- A capacity for rendering mature business decisions and judgments.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong analytical abilities and results orientation.
- Proficiency in Windows applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), with demonstrated expertise in complex Excel-based financial modeling.
- Proficient in active communication, solid interpersonal skills, and good oral / written skills.
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org