Tax Administrative Assistant
About the Firm
We are a full service financial, tax and consulting firm designed to meet the needs of entrepreneurially-driven businesses and their owners. We look to serve clients as business partners and not merely as providers of accounting or tax services. We are continuously in search of more effective ways to improve our clients' bottom line and where suitable, we seek to act in an advisory role adding knowledge and expertise and ultimately value.
Talley, LLP was founded in 1989, with our mission of helping entrepreneurially driven businesses and their owners, along with athletes and high net worth individuals, to manage their financial affairs and to achieve their business objectives profitably and efficiently. We strive to become our clients Most Trusted Advisor (MTA), providing global solutions to the challenges and opportunities facing our clients and their business.
Our service profile has grown and evolved as have our clientele, now incorporating a broad array of services designed to serve the entrepreneur:
- Audit and assurance services, including traditional financial reporting
- Tax compliance, including income, gift, estate, and foreign disclosure reporting
- Tax planning, structuring and proactive advice
- Business consulting
- Estate planning, business planning and tax law services delivered through our Talley Law Group Affiliate
- Outsource accounting, controller, and CFO services, delivered through our Group 11 affiliate
- Mergers & acquisition, growth through acquisition and operational consulting delivered through Talley Capital Group
We are looking for team members that share our values of personal and professional integrity; a commitment to service quality; a proactive approach to our clients and one another; and personal and professional growth. We operate on the premise that an organization should be balanced, rather than focused simply on charge hours and financial results. Our firm and our employees develop a Balanced Scorecard so that we may give appropriate weight to growth and improvement in the areas of client service, process improvement, personal development, and financial performance.
We are seeking a detail-oriented administrative professional to work in our Tax department. The Tax Administrator is responsible for ensuring efficient operation of the Tax Department and providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers. The Tax Administrator will also provide timely administrative support to all team members and will have interaction with all various managers and partners. The position will primarily report to the tax and legal partners who specializes in representing closely-held businesses and providing transactional business, real estate and tax services. The position also involves assisting the estate planning attorneys with fast-paced administrative, document intensive projects, and a heavy workload in the areas of business planning, corporate governance, succession planning, mergers & acquisitions and real estate.
Aspirational Functions of the Position
Qualified applicants should have exceptional organizational and computer/word processing skills, including redlining, the ability to multitask with ease and manage several projects at one time. Applicants must be detail oriented, team players, highly dependable, and have excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading, oral, administrative and interpersonal skills. A minimum of three years’ experience working under the supervision of an attorney or CPA plus a four-year college degree is preferred. Experience with CCH ProSystems Suite a plus.
Essential Functions of the Position
The Tax Administrator must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Tax Administrator must have appropriate level of Microsoft technology. Success indicating traits include:
1: Effective time management skills.
2: Customer service orientation.
4: Work well under pressure with a variety of people.
5: Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
6: Accurate typing skills at 60 WPM.
7: Must have ability to focus and produce in a dynamic operation environment.
Daily work activities are performed in standard office environment. Travel to local areas may be required; i.e., post office. Overtime may be required.
- Answering and forwarding incoming calls.
- Shipping, receiving and distribution of mail.
- Gathering tax documents from clients
- Preparing engagement agreements
- Sorting, scanning, clearing diagnostics, e-filing, and assemblies
- Support billing department with invoicing of all pertinent items to clients to be accomplished in a timely, accurate manner.
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills
- Updating and maintaining department XCM reports
- Providing administrative support to all team members as requested.
- Performing daily confirmation calls to clients to ensure that they received tax returns.
- Delivering packages to nearby locations; i.e., post office. Other projects as assigned.
College grad a plus, High school diploma and preferably two years’ experience in an office environment.
Full-time with benefits.
E-mail resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org