Talley, LLP is a unique financial services firm based in Orange County. We are looking for experienced tax attorneys (JD/CPA or JD/LLM) that want an opportunity to apply their tax and legal skills in a client centric environment. Our ideal candidate is an experienced tax attorney working in a CPA firm, sole proprietorship or law practice that prevents him/her from concentrating on tax and/or practicing law.
Talley and its affiliates provide a full-service tax, accounting, and professional services to entrepreneurially driven businesses and their owners, high net worth individuals and professional athletes. We earn the right to be our clients’ Most Trusted Advisor by designing proactive, creative and bona fide tax strategies; balance current income reduction strategies with estate planning objectives; plan tax efficient structures for succession planning, client growth, asset protection and complex business transactions and organizational structures. We defend our clients in IRS/FTB audits from the audit process through Tax Court.
We also assist our clients with “traditional services” such as documentation of tax planning decisions; estate planning and trust administration; after-tax cash planning; and business planning.
We are currently seeking a tax attorney to help our firm and our clients grow. Our ideal candidate will have at least 6 years experience. No book of business is required, and where appropriate, candidates will work directly for an experienced tax attorney.
We currently have 5 JD/CPA or JD/LLM professionals, as well as Masters in Taxation professionals that are looking for a growth oriented, success driven colleague. We operate in a collaborative environment.
Our Management Style
: We operate on a "Balance Scorecard"
management style, which means that client service, personal growth and contribution to improved efficiencies are evaluated equally with billable hours. We are committed to the success of our professionals, so the Balanced Scorecard is developed by our professionals, in collaboration with their direct report. We encourage entrepreneurialism and risk-taking.
- 6 - 10 years of experience
- Corporate, probate, trust, and estate experience necessary
- Practice experience with federal income tax planning and compliance, accounting principles, tax analysis, and tax research
- Strong tax background with experience in meeting with and advising clients about their estate plan, including using trusts for tax and asset protection planning
- Must have JD, preferably with CPA or LLM
- California bar license required
- Must possess excellent writing skills, be a critical thinker, problem solver, and have determination to produce quality work timely